Mission and Goals
The North Central Workforce Investment Board is a private non-profit corporation designated by the Governor to serve as the local workforce investment board for the north central region under the new Federal Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA).
The mission of the NCMWIB is to provide job driven employment and educational services that expand opportunities for young people and adults in North Central Massachusetts and provide employers with the competitive workforce they need to succeed.
Based on a comprehensive analysis of regional labor market needs, challenges and priorities, the North Central MA Workforce Investment Board set forth the following strategic goals for FY16-Fy19:
1. Promote, develop and expand relevant career pathways, stackable credentials, work-based learning and skill development opportunities to address the hiring needs of the region’s priority industry sectors of Health Care and Advanced Manufacturing.
2. Increase access and opportunities for people with barriers to employment, such as people with disabilities, older workers, veterans, low income adults, experienced or displaced workers with outdated skills, and college graduates with academic credentials not matched to skill demand.
3. Provide the region’s youth with opportunities, skills and credentials to participate in career pathways and secure employment.
4. Restructure NCMWIB and our Career Center to address WIOA regulations and to continue to be a high performing workforce system.
Click here for a copy of our latest strategic plan.
Other Strategic Plan & Regional Reports
The North Central Workforce Investment Board hosted the region’s first Partnership for Student Success event on February 14th 2008 at the Sheraton Four Points Hotel in Leominster, Massachusetts. View article »
- High Performing Workforce Board Criteria (Word, 1.9 Mb)
- North Central Workforce Board Strategic Plan (Word, 964k)
- 2007 United Way Community Assessment Report (PDF, 2.7 Mb)
- North Central Massachusetts Workforce Development Strategies Plan (PDF, 8.3 Mb)
- Labor Market Developments in the North Central Massachusetts Workforce Area (PDF 1.2 Mb)
Making Data Work for You